This week’s definitely been one of the hardest I’ve had in a while as there’s been a lot of changes in my day to day: living in India, inconsistent daily patterns, starting to work again though this time remotely and in the opposite timezone, a missing workouts, and trying to balance spending time with family, and more. I’ve been the least concentrated and most frustrated in a very, very long time.
A part of the struggle has been hoping I’d settle into a new routing naturally, it which hasn’t worked…AT ALL. However, hope is not a strategy. So, I’ve tried to map out a new daily playbook and went a bit deeper on my meal routine which has definitely been one of the bigger adjustments.
I’m hoping this works out. Will make tweaks on the fly but hoping to retro in a Feb/March 🙂
- 11 AM – 5/6 PM: Sleep. I average about 5.5 hours a day in sleep right now. So, I’m going to try to overcompensate by trying to hit between 6-7 hours a night.
- 6 PM: Meal.
- 7 -9 PM: Personal Time. TBD
- 9:30 PM – 7 AM: Work. This gives me the ability to work nearly the same schedule I would’ve in the. However, I think I am being optimistic here as I’ve crashed at my desk between 3 AM – 5 AM nearly every day this week (missing meetings!!)
- 7 AM: Gym. The golf club has a gym and a pool which might replace my outdoor running routine. Outdoor running has definitely been harder in India with traffic and worse outdoor air quality (AQI 150+)
- 9 AM: Meal.
- 10 AM: Relax. TBD
Lots to unpack in here, it deserves a post in itself.
Other things to be figured out:
- Specifics of the gym routine
- Distribution of time between reading/writing
- How to work remotely effectively
- What’s my focus for things to learn in 2019: got a masterclass (for writing & photography), what else (TBD)