I’m an operator exploring new ideas and investing in exceptional founders, usually pre-hype. Post investing, strive to be their first call until they’ve moved onto the next chapter. I’ve been an operator at startups for the last 4 years (mostrecently, Opendoor) focused on product, operations, and community.
I’m always looking to chat with people who are thinking about starting something or have just gotten started, please introduce us!
- At the turn of the new year, I wrote a post about problems that I’ve either experienced or think are interesting to possibly work on. I’ve been surprised by how many amazing conversations I’ve had with people who’re already working on some of them or are tinkering. Might write one of these again sometime soon, I’m energized.
- Time spent with a lot of founders in India building some pretty cool things at the earliest stages.
- Talking on the phone gives me a lot of energy.
- I’m attempting to improve my ankle strength post an injury while hiking in Canada last year but the niggle refuses to go away
Please feel free to send any recommendations for things to see, people to meet, and food to eat in any of these cities. If you’re in one of these cities, let’s hang out!
- 02/06 – 02/10 Colombo 🇱🇰
- 02/10 – 02/14 Dubai 🇦🇪
- 02/15 – 02/22 London 🇬🇧
- 02/23 – 03/03 Edinburgh 🏴
- 03/04 – 03/08 Toronto* 🇨🇦
- 03/08 – 03/12 Vancouver* 🇨🇦
- 03/13 – Happy birthday to me
- If there’s somebody awesome that you’ve not been able to hire at this time for some reason but would happily recommend them, please do send them my way, I’d love to help out.
- Flights: 3
- Weight: 🏋🏽 77kgs
- Conversations w. new founders: 43
- Ideas explored: 2
- New Investments: 1
- Golf rounds <10: 1
- Spaces I’ve continued to be thinking about:
- Operational tooling
- Full-stack companies
- Productivity software
- (new) “No code” for all skills – post coming soon.
You can reach me on, iMessage (firstname.lastname@example.org) or on Twitter (@varadhjain).
P.S Thank you Jeremy Yap for letting me be inspired by your format and Taimur for connecting us.