A bit about me: I invest in companies and founders I get unreasonably excited by. small on check, big on mission.
I’m a generalist who’s started and scaled startups. Likely doing product, operations, and customer service. Previously, I helped start the delightful email client, Polymail (YC 16), then scaled Opendoor (here). Before that I ran hackathons.
I am personally interested in future of work and atoms & bits, but can invest very broadly.
Help: I can help companies I invest in a few different ways: early customers, fundraising, and hiring the great talent. I try to hit one of these metrics’ when I invest:
- Availability: the first person you can call when something goes wrong
- Hiring: Helping you hire at least one person before your next round
- Customers: Rounding up some of your first 10 customers or 100 users.
- Fundraising: Introducing you to an investor who ends up leading or investing
Network: I’ve invested alongside the best investors in the world: Andreessen Horowirtz (a16z), Founders Fund, Tribe Capital, Kima Ventures, Craft Ventures, Shrug Capital, Naval Ravikant, Lachy Groom, Elad Gil, and many more.
Global: I’m also interested in working with founders who’s companies can be globally relevant but are not US-based. Personally, I regularly spend time in Canada, the UK, the Nordics, India, and soon East Africa. If you’re based here, please don’t hesitate to reach out: firstname.lastname@example.org
|🌐 Atlas Visa||Efficient Visas||SPC +|
|Stealth||Fintech||Khosla, Founders, Lachy, +|
|🚂 Railway||Instant infrastructure||Angels|
|🎳 Teamflow||Remote collaboration||Menlo +|
|🔐 Stealth||Consumer cybersecurity||a16z+|
|Table.ai||Data analytics||8VC +|
|📞 Clubhouse||Audio||a16z +|
|🏎 Upflow||Helps you collect money from outstanding invoices faster 🇫🇷||Kima Ventures +|
|✅ ConfirmHR||Improves how you hire||—|
|👩🏽🏫 Primer||Building the future of education||Founders Fund, Naval R, patio11 +|
|💸 Stealth||Personal finance 🇮🇩||Craft Ventures +|
|🔍 Certn||Gives you global background checks 🇨🇦||Tribe Cap, Moxxie, Weekend Fund +|
|🚦Flow Labs||Gives everyone time back by eliminating traffic congestion||—|
|♻️ Paragon||Automating your API development||Village Global, Soma Capital +|
|📶 Causal||Giving you statistical and visualization superpowers 🇬🇧||—|
|♾ SandboxVR||Full-body VR experience with friends (via Shrug Capital)||a16z, Shrug Capital +|
|📊 Index||advisor to founder|
|🔍 Certn||advisor to founders|
|💌 Polymail||advisor to founders|
|📶 Causal||product + gtm|
References at: angel.co/varadh
- Varadh has been an incredible help to us in the short time we’ve known each other. A majority of our investors have come from introductions that Varadh made, and his advice + support has really helped us navigate the early stage that we’re at. – Taimur Abdaal (Co-founder, Causal)
- Varadh is a trusted friend and I love spending time with him. Not only is he smart and ambitious, but he has a great heart and his energy is contagious. I’ve always counted on him for real talk and to constantly push me to improve as a person and leader. If you’re an early founder, I cannot recommend him enough as someone to share your journey with. – Patrick Lu (Co-founder, Playfull)
- Varadh is one of the brightest, ambitious guys I’ve had the pleasure to work with. His unique product & strategic insight helped shaped many important decisions we made early on at Polymail! – Brandon Foo (Co-founder, Paragon & Polymail)
Becoming an Angel Investor:
- Access / Sourcing
- Securing Allocation